Making stickers (know more) is not as hard and as expensive as it once was. You can actually DIY easy stickers at home with simple tools that you can get around. Almost everyone can make these cute easy stickers. It would be nice to actually start to make cute stickers as a side business using the methods in this article.
Method 1: How to Make DIY Easy Glue Stickers
Here is one method of making cute DIY easy stickers:
- Design the stickers
When you want to make cute easy diy stickers, there is a wide range of design options you can choose from. You can choose from different drawing materials like crayons, colored pencils, or markers. Do not use washable drawing utensil for your stickers. Start by drawing the designs you want on a thin sheet of paper like notepad or loose-leaf paper.
Here are some options you can consider for your sticker designs:
- Draw a portrait or more of yourself, friends, or your pets.
- Use a pair of scissors to neatly cut out pictures and words from newspapers or magazines.
- Search online or among your computer folders for pictures you like. Print them out on s thin computer paper, and not on photo paper. This is to guarantee best results.
- Get some sticker sheets online along with some already-made ones. Print them out.
- Use rubber stamps to make some pictures.
- Then use glitter to design the picture.
- Cut the stickers out
Use your pair of scissors to cut out either the designs you drew or the ones you painted. You can make the stickers any size you want. Use scrapbook scissors to cut out the stickers in a more decorative way. This will leave the edges looking more beautiful.
Cut out shapes like star, heart, apple, and other shapes from the patterned paper. Use a paper puncher to do this.
- Prepare the glue
To make this DIY easy stickers more child-friendly, use glue instead of adhesive. It has no chemicals and will keep the stickers glued to most surfaces. Here is a list of ingredients you should mix in a bowl to prepare the glue:
- Plain gelatin envelope
- 4 tablespoons of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon of corn syrup or sugar
- Few drops of vanilla or peppermint extract (for flavoring)
- Choose your fun flavors from a wide variety of extracts. You can pick out random flavors to use on your stickers. There are very nice fruity, Valentine’s Day, or holiday flavors you can use.
- When you are through working on the glue, place it in an airtight container, and place in the refrigerator. Leave in the refrigerator overnight to gel. Place the container inside a bowl of hot water to liquefy the glue.
- Another way you can use this glue is for sealing envelops.
- Paint your stickers
Place your diy easy stickers upside down on a waxed sheet of paper or an aluminum foil. Then dip a paint brush in the glue mixture and use it to paint the backs of each sticker. When you are through, allow it to dry completely.
- You should brush a light coating on the stickers instead of soaking them completely in the glue.
- Do not use the stickers until they are totally dry.
- If you are not using the stickers, store them in a box or a plastic bag.
- Lick before you use
Before adhering the stickers to any surface, first lick the back the way you lick stamps. Then press the sticker down on the surface for a couple of seconds. Home-made glue can be quite strong, so be sure of where you want to adhere your stickers to.
Method 2: How to Make Easy DIY Paper Stickers
Here is another way to make cute easy stickers:
- Get some sticker papers
You can get some papers with adhesive on one side from office supply stores or craft stores. It has a paper backing on one side that you will have to peel off when you want to use the sticker.
- As an alternative, you can get tacky diy easy sticker sheets. With these sheets, you can touch the picture to your glue, peel off the sticker. Then transfer the glue back to the sticker’s back.
- Get papers that fit your printer’s specifications.
- If you do not have a printer, use sticker paper. First draw some designs on a paper surface or cut out some pictures from books or magazines.
- Design the stickers
Use your computer to design your stickers or use a pen or marker to draw on the sticker paper directly.
- You can use applications like Paint, Adobe Photoshop, or any other one to draw. Alternatively, you can download pictures from the internet for your stickers. Afterwards, print out the designs on a sticker paper.
- If you like, you can scan the picture you want on your computer. Format the file on Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop or any other application. Then print it out on a sticker paper.
- You can also draw directly on your diy easy sticker paper with paint, marker, pen, or pencil. Try not to get your paper too wet so that it will not interfere with your adhesive.
- Cut out your stickers
Use your scissors to cut out the designs you either drew or printed. You can use scrapbook scissors to cut out beautiful shapes with fun edges. Make sure all your designs are well spaced to avoid cutting accidents. A spacing of about 1/8 inches apart.
- If you choose to use tacky sticker sheets, pull off the protective liner to reveal the glue. Then press the sticker’s back against the glue until it adheres. Peel off the diy easy sticker, leaving the glue on the sticker’s back. Adhere the sticker on any surface you like.
- Use an X-Acto knife to cut out the image, leaving a little white border around the picture or image. You can also cut it close.
- Take off the paper backing
Have fun using your DIY easy stickers. There are other methods you can use to make cute stickers at home. But, the cute easy stickers in this article are the easiest. If you have any demand for custom stickers online, welcome to inquire us at Zigpac.