Is a cute spiral paper edition notebook one of your major instruments for taking notes and planning projects in your workplace? Have you been in search of better ways to quickly organize information with ease? We intend to show how you can organize notebooks for work.
The importance of paper edition notebooks in the workplace
If you haven’t tapped into this amazing resource for organizing information, it’s high time you did. Those cute spiral notebooks in your drawer have a better use than being locked away or consuming space.
A notebook (know more) and a pencil or pen will come in handy to organize work information in so many ways. However, this requires time, not so much by the way. You will need to dedicate some time to sectioning, dividing, and maintaining your precious notebook.
It all depends on how well you are able to grasp these, the faster the better. The understanding of these issues and being able to figure them out leads you to the methods of organization.
You should note that no matter how complex your organization is, putting work information in notebooks is very helpful. Every entrepreneur or employee wants a very organized work environment.
In this post, we will show you how you can pick up any blank notebook and organize it for work. Whether it has graphs, it is college-ruled, plain, or wide, it can still be useful. What matters is your understanding of the methods of application.
You can make use of the tips below in preparing any notebook of your choice. If you desire, you can combine any of the methods, as long as it suits your needs. All you have to do is select the components that apply most to what you want and begin building.
Organizing a notebook for a To-do list
Most people have to-do lists they work with daily. It is either you have it written down, typed in your phone memo, or just as a mental note. We cannot dispute the importance of these lists to our work organization.
Did you know that your paper edition notebook is a nice place to draw up your list? If you have this list written down, you can easily go through it a few times daily. This will help you evaluate your work rate and how much you have achieved.
Some people may argue that writing the information down may be cumbersome. This is because you need to write it down daily. Yet, this comes with the advantage of being able to remember each task and its importance.
Take these steps:
- Write the date right at the top of a new page.
- Put down the name of your first project of the day. Leave a few lines, maybe 5 – 10, before writing the next one. Continue with this till you have everything written down.
- Under each project, write down the to-dos.
- As you finish each module or task, cross it off your list with a single line.
- When the day is over, flip to a new page and use the same method to draw up a list for the next day. If you didn’t complete any tasks for the present day, they should take the most priority one the next day.
Organizing a paper edition notebook for note-taking
There are several times when taking notes comes in handy. For example, when you are at a meeting, it may be inappropriate to type on your phone. You still need to jot things down so you don’t forget. If you have one of those cute spiral paper edition notebooks, it becomes really easy to take notes.
Have you ever been caught brainstorming and with the slightest distraction everything you thought of disappears? You are not alone on that but if you had been taking notes, all wouldn’t be lost. By the way, most people will agree that taking notes while brainstorming is more inspiring.
Some people are so keen on planning that they even label their notebooks differently. If you want to do that, you can have a “Meeting notebook,” “Brainstorming notebook,” etc. The advantage of this is that it ensures everything you need for a particular subject is in one location.
Take these steps:
- Label the first and second pages “table of contents” at the top. By now you know that these pages will serve as the table of contents of the book. This is essential as a guide to the remaining contents of the book.
- Next, you begin to number the pages of the book. Write the page number at the lower end of the pages, be consistent all through. You don’t have to do this at one sitting, you take on this task in your free time.
- The first time you’ll take notes using this book, flip to page 1. Write the theme of the notes down at the top as well as the dates then scribble away.
- After taking notes for that subject, go to the Table of contents. Write the theme of the notes taken down and the page on which it was written. This process should be done for each new entry.
Organizing your Meeting Notebook
We have already discussed how some people actually label the paper edition notebooks for taking notes at meetings. It is a very cool way of storing up information discussed at meetings.
You attend all sorts of meetings weekly, especially if you work in project management or advertising firm. Imagine you are working with a team on a specific project and you have meetings weekly for evaluation. How would you be able to evaluate anything if you have not written things down?
In this notebook, you can write what was discussed at every meeting. You can also scribble down side notes on each point as you please. Finally, you can jot down the steps you are expected to take on the project.
Take these steps:
- For each meeting, open a new page and write the “meeting name and date.”
- Right below this, write “Prep.” This section is where you write down what you plan to present at the meeting. This includes pieces of information, thoughts, and ideas.
- Below the Prep section, create another section with the title “Notes.” Here, you scribble down any piece of information for discussion at the meeting.
- Following this, create a final section and label it “Next Steps.” As it implies, this is where you’ll write down any tasks assigned to you. it is more like your to-do list for the project discussed.
Organizing a paper edition notebook for projects
This is another way you can organize notebooks for work. It is perfect for a person saddled with the responsibility of juggling several projects. If you fall into this category, you will agree that it can be tasking to remember everything.
It is best you store your thoughts, tasks, and ideas in a notebook for better organization.
Take these steps:
- Put down the title of each of your projects on a piece of paper. When you are done, number these projects.
- Based on the number you counted, split your notebook into equal parts for each project. This implies split the book into three sections if you have three projects, and so on.
- To begin each section, fold the first page to form a triangle. Label each triangle with the title of the project. Do this till you have covered every single section. To remember each location, make use of sticky notes of different colors. Each color representing a different project.
- Now you can take your notes under each project section.
Organizing a notebook for references
This is one of the most important ways you can tweak those cute paper edition spiral notebooks at work. Referencing is very important because it makes it easy for you to retrieve information.
There are lots of factual pieces of information that you need for several projects at work. Instead of having them scattered in different places, you can have them together in a single notebook. This makes life easy for you as you have access to the information whenever you need it.
Take these steps:
- Split the cute spiral notebook into four different sections. All the sections must be equal and then you can label them. Label the first A – F, the second G- L, the third M – R, and the last S- Z.
- After this, split each of these sections into six sub-sections. Each sub-section takes one letter of the alphabet based on the label of that section.
- Scribble down notes in the sub-sections based on the labels.
- Update the notebook when it is necessary.
You must have seen a few more uses for that paper edition notebook. Notebooks for work are very important even though most people see them as old school. Share your thoughts with us in the comments section.