Custom glow in the dark star stickers
For something to be glowing in the dark like star stickers, it has to radiate or reflect light. Luminous objects can shine brightly. Some people refer to such objects as blinks.
More so, the construction of these glow stickers is convenient and straightforward. That makes them very easy to use. Due to this, they are also very versatile.
The most common of these include the glow in the dark star stickers often placed on room ceilings.
Application of the stickers also includes all smooth surfaces. These surfaces include walls, doors, closets, plastic, metal, fridges, laptops, TV, cars, and so on.
How Do Glow in the Dark Stickers Work?
Glow in the dark stickers contains phosphorus. A phosphor is a substance that radiates visible light after being energized. Without absorbing light, these glow stickers will not be luminous. If you want to know more info about the phosphorus, please click here.
If you want the sticker to glow in the dark, allow it to absorb light. It can absorb sunlight or night light for a few minutes – 20 to 30 minutes is enough time. Hence, when placed it in the dark, it emits soft light just like glow in the dark star stickers do.
Benefits of Glow In The Dark Star Stickers
Glow in the dark stickers offers a lot of benefits. Some of these benefits are:
- These beautiful glow stickers look great anywhere – whether in windows displays, toys, or table decorations. They can really make these objects stand out especially in dark settings or in dim light.
- Will inspire the child’s curiosity about the universe when used to decorate a child’s room or play environment. With the child’s imagination and interest inspired, his/her learning enhances. This is why glow in the dark star stickers are so popular these days.
- Additionally, they can serve as an excellent decoration for bedrooms, nursery rooms, kid’s room, etc. They also absorb light and glow in the darkness on ceilings and any smooth, clean surface. Also, they make for a spectacular display and bring your home to life wherever they get placed.
- They can also serve as Halloween stickers and look great when they are placed on dark colors.
- Additionally, these stickers are water-resistant and are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Glow in the dark stickers are also useful for safety signs as they help prevent accidents.
- These stickers are also very versatile and can be used in a lot of places.
- They also stick rather well to most surfaces.
- Also, glow in the dark star stickers can also last for a while which could really help to liven your nights.
- These stickers can also add to the romantic element of a room.
- Also, these glow stickers are entirely environmentally friendly materials. They are very safe for the environment because they have no radioactive elements.
How to Make Glow in the Dark Stickers
These stickers have been around for many decades. Instead of buying one, you can make it yourself.
- Glow in the dark powder (made up of strontium aluminate doped with a rare kind of earth). The green color selection stems from shining the brightest and longest after activation.
- Clear nail polish or varnish (Use the cheapest nail varnish. The pricier ones may contain ingredients that could absorb some of the short-wavelength light needed for activation.)
- Small sticky pads (Made of fibrous material with glue backing placed on waxed paper for peeling off before use. This kind of pad was placed under the legs of furniture to prevent friction and scratching. Small sticky pads are chosen because of their smooth surface, unlike larger ones that tend to absorb excessive nail varnish.)
- Double-sided sticky pads of about ¾ of an inch square (These pads are placed on a paper backing sheet that is uncut. There is also a top paper sheet that is cut into squares together with the pads.)
- Sheet magnetic material that has a sticky backing on one side (This material can be found in modern fridge magnets. It can be purchased from a craft shop)
- A wooden cocktail stick (this will be needed to maneuver the squares into the right position when applying the glow).
Step 1: Pads Preparation
- For each of the base material types, you are to use the same procedure to apply the powder to the substrates.
- Pick out four very small anti-scratch pads and one square of the double-sided sticky pad without its protective paper. Also, pick out two cut squares of the magnetic sheet – the one on top is smooth on top and sticky underneath. Meanwhile, the one at the bottom is sticky on the side up and has its protective paper removed.
Step 2: Apply the Glow in the Dark Powder
This step requires a lot of patience and practice. You need to work very fast because nail varnish dries up quickly.
- Use the nail varnish’s brush for glow in the dark stickers or another superior brush, to wet the entire surface of the sticker first. This will help it set better.
- Load the brush with a lot of the nail varnish and drip or apply this on the sticker’s surface. Make sure the nail varnish does not flow over the sticker’s edge.
- Spoon a lot of the ‘glow in the dark’ sticker powder over the nail varnish. Leave it to dry overnight or over a lot of hours.
Step 3: Shake the Excess Powder Off
- Tap the glow in the dark stickers gently on a sheet of paper, remove the stickers, and take them back to the work surface. Store the glow in the dark powder excess away for future use.
- Repeat the previous step if you notice uneven areas or gaps in your work, particularly around the edge.
Step 4: Finish It Off
- To finalize this, apply the last coat of nail varnish and then allow it dry. This will make the surface a bit more robust.
- These stickers have applications on any surface they can adhere to. The application includes any object you want to locate in the dark like light switches and travel torches.
Custom glow in the dark stickers is not really a new technology, especially the glow in the dark star stickers. With the help of new technology, these glow stickers glow brighter, last longer, and are easy to apply and remove. If you want to buy best cheap stickers, feel free to contact Zigpac for help.