Custom polyester drawstring bags
Many bag-making industries prefer polyester as the choice material for making. Made of high-quality, the polyester bag is fast becoming a favorite of every social class in society. This is because of the many good properties that a custom polyester drawstring bags have.
Makings of a Custom Polyester Drawstring Bag
Polyesters (know more) have high water resistance ability, making them the ideal materials for making bags in wet and damp environments. The fabric has coatings with a water-resistant finish, which further intensifies its ability to resist water penetrating it. This will help to keep all the contents of the bag safe from any damage caused by water or moisture.
Also easy to remove stains with just anything available to wipe it off. Carry out cleaning with water or a wet cloth while the bag still has all its contents dry.
Due to the innate high tenacity, and good durability properties, it makes it the best material for highly stressed. Combined with its strength and elastic ability, it can be used to create a container for heavy goods for long distances.
Transportation of heavy materials from place to place using a bag from polyester will not reduce its original quality. The bag can stretch to receive extra products. However, it should not be overstretched too often so that it may last longer.
More so, despite all the wonderful properties, they are still very cheap. Therefore, many people can afford to have this high-quality bag. This environmentally friendly bag can also be recycled to make another bag or other products.
Additionally, the custom polyester drawstring bags can be used to keep food warm in cold weather. A well-packaged hot food kept inside a bag made of polyester can maintain the temperature of the food. This is possible because of the ability of the material to trap hot air and recycle.
Advantages of Using Polyester to Make Drawstring Bags
Polyester is made through a chemical process that involves a chain reaction. This reaction is between mono ethylene glycol, PTA, and DMT to result in the creation of bis terephthalate. When heated, the bis terephthalate turns into polyethylene terephthalate (PET). PET is highly malleable and can form unbroken fibers that are long and thin.
- Polyester is a very durable material that is also abrasion resistant when in a custom drawstring bag.
- It is also water-resistant and dries quickly.
- Custom polyester drawstring bag neither stretches nor shrinks.
- The material is resistant to mildew and mold.
- The custom polyester drawstring bag is great at holding color and resisting fading.
- It is very easy to clean, and can even be dry cleaned.
- 100% recyclable
How to Make a Custom Polyester Drawstring Bag by Hand
There are a few easy steps to follow if you want to make your polyester drawstring bag by hand. You do not need to have a sewing machine to make one. You can make a bag that will fit you perfectly, and it can have any color and size you prefer.
- Polyester material
- Drawstring material (a cord, paracord, ribbon, thick twine, or leather strips)
- Measuring tape
- Needle and thread
- Office pins
- Get the polyester material ready for the custom polyester drawstring bag.
- Next, you have to choose the material for your drawstring.
- There are a lot of materials to choose from. You can pick one from a cord, paracord, ribbon, thick twine, or leather strips.
- Decide on the size you will like for your custom polyester drawstring bag.
- After deciding on the size, use your measuring tape and a pencil to mark two rectangular shapes on the material.
- Use a pair of scissors to cut an inch or half of an inch larger than the marked rectangular shapes. This extra space will help you while sewing.
- Make a hem for the drawstring and sew it.
- Turn your material so that the back or wrong side is facing out.
- Fold-down a centimeter or two at the top of your polyester material for the custom drawstring bag to make a channel.
- Use office pins to hold down the folds.
- Then use your needle and thread to stitch neatly and carefully along the hem’s edge.
- Match up the fabric and sew it.
- Lay your material back to back on your work surface. Make sure the back or wrong side is facing out, and the hems match up.
- You can decide to pin the two pieces of material together to make them more stable.
- With your hemmed end open, sew along the sides of the material and the bottom.
- After stitching the three sides, turn the bag out so that the front part of the material faces outside.
- Adjust the bag as required then add the drawstring.
- Check the sides of the bag to make sure they are even, adjust them if they are not.
- Get two drawstring pieces. Make sure your drawstrings are double the length of your bag’s opening.
- Pick up one of the pieces of the drawstring and thread it through a darning needle. Then, thread it through one of the channels you formed earlier. Make sure there is a string remaining outside the channel, then remove the drawstring from the needle.
- Get the second piece of the drawstring and thread it through the darning needle. Thread it through the second channel you formed. Leave an extra string outside the channel and remove the needle.
- Knot the two strings at the end of the two sides of your bag together.
Your drawstring bag is ready.
How to Personalize Your Polyester Drawstring Bag
After making your polyester bag yourself, you can easily personalize it. Custom polyester bags are more attractive and will project your fashion sense.
You can use stickers to decorate your bags or transfer some print on it. Logos, images, letterings, and other designs for adherence to your bag to make it classier.
You can also dye your polyester fabric and the drawstring materials to any color you like.
How to Wash Your Polyester Drawstring Bag
Polyester is very easy to wash and care for. When your drawstring bag gets dirty, you can wash it in lukewarm water with a little detergent.
Your bags can also be dry cleaned.
After this, you can dry it naturally in the sun or a dryer. Polyester is light, so it will not take so long to dry completely.
When the bag is dried, shake it to remove wrinkles that formed while washing it.
Custom polyester drawstring bags are versatile, marketable, durable, customizable, lightweight, easy to carry around, and easy to care for. You can get your polyester bag beautifully customized at Zigpac.