Custom cheap canvas tote bags
Tote bags (know more) are large bags that come with parallel handles emerging from both sides of the pocket. Also, these bags can be used repeatedly and have fast replaced plastic bags. Custom cheap canvas shipping Tote bags can be made with a lot of fabrics like jute, nylon, cotton, and canvas.
Canvas is a natural fabric that can be produced in a way that does not impact the environment substantially. This biodegradable fabric is heavy, very durable and can be treated to be indestructible by mold or moisture. It is used in the production of a wide variety of materials, and one of them is the tote bag.
It is important to note that cheap canvas tote bags have become very popular over time and have very high sustainability levels. During the manufacture of these bags, they are intensely sewn to make them more durable and lightweight. Since canvas can be used to make any item that requires sturdiness, these bags can last for an extended period.
One of the best things about canvas tote bags is that they can easily be dyed in many beautiful colors. Customizing these bags is also really easy, which makes them suitable for use by companies, brands, and individuals. Custom canvas tote bags are very versatile and can be used for shopping, casual outings, school, office, and lots more.
Moreover, the best way to customize your rush shipping tote bags is by screen printing them. Screen printing is a new printing technique that can be applied to canvas tote bags. You can either do this yourself or at a professional studio.
How to Screen Print Custom Canvas Tote Bags at Home
Screenprint on canvas tote bags makes it more fashionable and a great tool for corporate marketing. Doing this at home is a nice way to get creative while personalizing your tote bags for use as gift items.
- A computer
- A working printer
- Acetate sheets – which can be bought online or from stationery stores
- A file containing a drawing, logo, fun message, or phrase, which you will need to print on the acetate sheet
- A screen – made from mesh or silk to be gotten along with a screen print frame made with wooden or aluminum
- Emulsion – choose from Diazo emulsions, SBQ-based emulsions, and Dual-cure emulsions;
- Diazo emulsions – This very affordable option requires you to mix the resins and photosensitizer together with your hands. They contain benzene diazonium and will have to be exposed to light for a longer period to fully cure. However, they are not very effective for print details that are very refined.
- SBQ-based emulsions – These expensive emulsions contain Styryl Basolium Quaternary and have their ingredients already combined in a tube or jar. They, therefore, do not require mixing and will cure quickly when exposed to light. These emulsions are great for detailed prints, and allow the addition of many layers and coats to make a thicker stencil.
- Dual-core emulsions – Are made up of a combination of Diazo and SBQ. They are affordable, require mixing, and have a curing time that falls somewhere between that of Diazo and SBQ. The stencil they create can be used for very detailed work.
- 2 pairs of clean gloves – surgical gloves are preferred to plastic gloves because they keep your sense of touch at its optimal potential.
- A wiping cloth
- Stirring stick
- Scoop coater
- A clear tape roll
- An ultraviolet (UV) exposure unit, preferably bought from a retailer, as making one yourself will take time, money, and effort.
- Plain cheap canvas tote bag you intend to print on
- Cardboard sheets
- Packing tape
- A squeegee
- Wooden prop
- Palate knife
Screen printing custom canvas tote bags can be done in a couple of easy steps as follows:
1. Pick out a handful of cheap canvas tote bags you intend to customize
- First, create the design you want using the computer.
- Then, correctly place the rough but coated side of the acetate sheet on the printer tray, depending on the printer you are using.
- Note that the acetate sheet you choose should be suitable for the type of printer you are using. For instance, inkjet printers will need inkjet sheets.
- For better results, set your printer on “photo quality”, and then proceed to print the file on the acetate sheet.
- After printing, allow the sheet to dry thoroughly for a couple of minutes without.
2. Depending on the emulsion you choose, wear your gloves and use a stick to properly mix your emulsion.
3. The next step is to use a spoon to fill the scoop coater with the emulsion. Be sure to have a cloth handy to wipe off surplus emulsion while scooping.
4. Smoothly apply the layer (or layers, as the case may be) of emulsion to cover the framed screen in just one move. You can add another emulsion coating, depending on your chosen emulsion and the design you intend to print.
5. Allow the screen to dry overnight.
6. Next step is to use the clear tape to fasten the acetate sheet (printed a day before) against the screen.
7. Place the ensemble in the ultraviolet light exposure unit and leave it there until the emulsion is well cured. Take it off when the design has burned on the screen.
8. Keep the screen to lie against the wall at your bathtub’s rim. You can use a different tub for the process, if available.
9. Adjust your shower head to a high-pressure position and wash the screen until the design on it is revealed.
10. Allow drying, preferably in a drying room with a continuous flow of filtered air that aids uniform and safe drying. Filtered air is important to prevent saturation of moisture and contamination.
11. Apply the ink on the tote bag in an even layer.
12. Use the squeegee in a smooth nonstop movement to achieve the design transfer. While doing so, apply equal pressure at all the ends of the screen.
Screen Printing Custom Canvas Tote Bags in a Professional Studio
Screen printing, sometimes called silk printing or serigraphy, is great for mass production of tote bags with very bright colors. Due to the rush shipping of custom canvas tote bags, it is advisable to use this quick and professional method. There are, however, some things you should know about the professional screen print process:
- Firstly, get all your orders to customize canvas tote bags in the form of vector files. This is because vector files preserve the real image resolution.
- Then, send the data or vector file to a graphic designer. They will then start to resize and separate colors in preparation for the screen print.
- Also, a screen will be made for each of the colors in the design. When each design is digitally separated into color partings, each color will turn into a completely black image.
- After that, the images will then be printed on a clear acetate film using inkjet technology. The emulsion liquid will harden when exposed to ultraviolet light.
- Then, the final design which is on a kodatrace will be placed on the large exposure unit. The coated screen will be placed on the model and then exposed to light until it dries.
- For a while, all the screens are coated with emulsion and left in the darkroom to dry.
- During this interval, the unhardened emulsion will burn into the screen.
- Moreover, the base colors are often mixed with the primary colors to get codes for the Pantone color of the customize canvas tote bags. This mixture should take a minimum of four minutes.
- The screens will then be rinsed with water in a small bathroom or a basement. The mesh remaining will clearly show the design’s imprint.
- Then the specialist will dry the screen and use emulsion to touch it up as required. The screen will be exposed again to allow the added emulsion toughen.
- Following when the colors are on the screens, the image will then be registered on the press. Rubber squeegees are used to pull the ink on the canvas tote bag through the stencils. A heat flash is then used to dry it on the press.
- When the colors on the bags are dried, the bags are sent to the conveyor belt oven.
- At the oven, the temperature for chemically activating the inks is set to permanently bond them to the canvas fibers. Through this process, these bags can be cleaned without wiping off the water-based print. Some print shops also use a laser thermometer gun so that the inks will get up to the right temperature to cure.